Kameron Harvanek, Warden
Rt. 1, Box 407971
105150 N. 3670 Rd.
Boley, OK 74829
(918) 667-3381 Fax: (918) 667-3959
John H. Lilley was named the first superintendent of the State Training School for Negro Boys in 1925. The facility housed black males who had previously been incarcerated at the Boy's Training School in McAlester. This facility was integrated in 1965 and the name was changed to the Boley State School for Boys.
Lilley remained superintendent until his death in 1933. As a result of his service and dedication, the Governor granted permission for Lilley to be buried on institutional grounds. A monument presently stands at the entrance of the facility marking John Lilley's grave site.