- This unit is a minimum security farm that raises Beefmaster cattle as seed
stock for seven Agri-Services units, which use Beefmaster bulls.
- Approximately 20 offenders weld, repair fence, weed control and manage
cattle on this 1,150 acre farm.
- In addition, the farm manages a leather shop located at nearby Dr. Eddie
Warrior Correctional Center. This unit employees 25 female offenders
that recondition saddles, harnesses and tack, as well as make saddles, folders,
notebooks and other special order items as needed by DOC, other state agencies
and the public.
Annual Beefmaster S2/Southern Cross Sale
- The Agri-Services Beefmaster herd was established as a commercial herd
in 1985 and entered the upgrading phase of breeding quality replacement
Beefmaster genetics in 1995.
- Beefmaster cows are bred to Angus bulls to produce heifers for the Annual
Beefmaster S2/Southern Cross Sale to fill a marketing trend for Angus meat.
- Our cattle have been developed to best utilize the forage conditions
- We hold our annual Beefmaster S2/Southern Cross Sale the second Saturday