- The 1,783 acre unit employs approximately 36 minimum security offenders
in which responsibility and good work ethics are stressed.
- Daily chores range from checking cattle, mending fences, cutting firewood
and hauling hay.
- This farm maintains a commercial cowherd of 200 head and achieves more
than a 90% calf crop with weaning weights consistently over 600 lbs.
- Pastures contain a mixture of Bermuda grass and fescue, with a variety
of other grasses and legumes. Each fall approximately 500 acres are
over seeded with wheat and/or rye, helping reduce winter feed costs.
- Approximately 16,000 square bales and 1,800 round bales are produced and
distributed to other Agri-Services units as needed.